ecosecurities is an impact-driven provider of environmental services with 25 years of experience in carbon markets and emissions reduction projects around the world.
At ecosecurities we are committed to developing high-quality carbon projects based on the principles of environmental integrity, transparency and good practices that contribute not only to climate change mitigation but also to sustainable and inclusive development. With a rapidly growing project portfolio, ecosecurities offers experience and tailored services in the origination, development and financing of Nature-based solutions (NbS) projects that can access the voluntary and compliance carbon markets via REDD+, Restoration, Regenerative & Low-Carbon Agriculture and Blue Carbon mechanisms.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most established and high growth companies in the voluntary carbon market. As a Project Structuring Specialist, you will be central to the growth strategy of the company. We are looking for someone who is able to make an impact from day one and help us capitalize on our leading position in this space.
The successful candidate will conduct financial feasibility assessments and evaluation of international investment opportunities in global voluntary carbon markets. As a key member of the team, you will be required to develop and operate financial modelling for international carbon offset projects, and support the drafting of commercial proposals and contracts.
We are a truly global organization. The successful candidate will structure and develop international carbon offset projects with a primary focus on Africa and secondary focus on Asia-Pacific markets.
We are interested in hearing from people with project finance experience who are truly eager to succeed. For the right candidate, this is the opportunity to excel. Working with ecosecurities will give you the opportunity to join a fast growth, global organization in a rapidly expanding market. We are a dynamic organization who are working hard to make positive changes in the world.
Key Work Outputs And Accountabilities:
· Development and structuring of initiatives associated with climate change;
· Participate in all stages of structuring projects (modeling, contract negotiation, tax review, disbursements);
· Advising internal stakeholders in the development of own projects and provide general structuring advice and optimization of returns throughout the business development process;
· Conduct financial feasibility assessment and evaluation of international investment opportunities in global voluntary carbon markets;
· Develop and operate financial modeling for international carbon offset projects that reflect analysis of capital structures, risks, sensitivity and profitability, including financing alternatives;
· Support the drafting of commercial proposals and contracts;
· Structure and develop international carbon offset projects with a primary focus on Africa and secondary Asia-Pacific markets;
· Evaluating and recommending the most appropriate/competitive funding options for the projects;
· Negotiations of project documentation such as partnership agreements, joint ventures, long term offtake prepayment and others;
· Preparation of investor presentation and material to road show investment opportunities;
· Take the lead on special projects within the Structured Projects team as appropriate;
· Conduct day-to-day interactions with business units in different jurisdictions, with a particular focus on business units in Africa and Asia-Pacific for carbon offset portfolio development and project finance.
1-4 years’ post qualifications experience working with Structured Finance, Environmental Finance and/or Carbon Markets.
· Degree in Economic, Business Administration or Environmental engineering;
· Hands-on experience of project finance , investment structuring and evaluation;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
· Vast experience with Microsoft Office package, with a stronger emphasis on MS Excel model preparation
· Masters degree in Finance or Project Management;
· Experience in a Project Finance or Corporate development environment at a consultancy firm or corporation is a differential
· Practical knowledge about the ESG agenda from a private sector perspective;
· Solid understanding about carbon project cycle and carbon market dynamics;
· Speak Portuguese or Spanish;
· Hands-on experience of project management and/or consulting in international investment projects in sectors relevant to climate mitigation and adaptation.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Excellent understanding on the available sources of funding in the climate finance market and their characteristics, typical terms and conditions,
· Effective communication and negotiation skills.
· Ability to plan work, multi-task and take decisions under pressure without compromising on quality control,
· Outstanding understanding of valuation concepts and corporate finance concepts,
· Understanding of the practical aspects of accounting and tax matters and cross border transaction structuring
· Builds productive relationships by interacting with others;
· Works collaboratively with stakeholders across all levels, all cultures, and all geographies;
· Communicates effectively and in a timely manner;
· Results driven and takes ownership of tasks;
· Compassionate and empathetic to support the growth and development of others;
· Thinks and acts from a broad perspective and a long-term view.
· Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
Job employment type & Condition
This position will report to the Head of Structuring with close synergy with the regional Program Implementation managers.
This is a full time position, to be based preferably in the Portugal or UK. Home based on hybrid schemes (few days home based and few days at the office) is a possible arrangement.
The salary is competitive and in line with the candidate's profile.
Here at ecosecurities we are committed to cultivating and sustaining a culture of inclusion and connectedness. It is our belief that we are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and ecosecurities' achievement as well.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome and encourage the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
To apply please forward your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org